Your pilgrimage to this year’s festival is likely to begin soon (unless you’re a keen bean who is already on the way).
With this in mind, we’ve put together some top tips to make sure your journey there is as smooth as possible.
We don’t want to sound like a preachy parent, but we are the police so listen up 😉
* Before you leave, make sure you leave all contact details with family / friends and make sure you have taken sensible crime safety steps (like downloading tracking apps)
* Make sure you have mapped out your route to the festival before leaving home
* When you are on the road, make sure you adhere to traffic information signs and diversions rather than replying solely on your sat nav
* Be patient! There is likely to be queuing traffic regardless of the routes you have chosen and everyone is in the same boat
* This applies to all travel methods – the train station at Castle Cary will be busy as will coach routes
* Make sure you take plenty of water and snacks with you
* Listen to the stewards and festival employees when you get to driving or parking into the site
* Get whoever isn’t driving to give @Policeatglasto a follow
See you down there and make sure you grab as many officers as possible for our #policeselfie